Tuesday, April 30, 2013

#AtoZchallenge Zig Ziglar - It's All About Attitude!

An Attitude of Gratitude

Z is the end of the alphabet, and this post is the end of the A to Z Challenge, but I like to think of this as the kickoff to the beginning of a lifelong fitness journey. I'm delighted to have this blog with my friend Jes to help us share motivation with others and be accountable for our progress. The past 29 posts have helped me focus on what is important to me on this healthy life journey. Today's post is dedicated to the great Zig Ziglar, and why it's so important to have an attitude of gratitude -- and how it can change your life.



I watched this short 9 minute video, where Zig Ziglar speaks about how he helped a woman change her attitude about a situation she was unbelievably angry about. As I was watching I realized that what he had her do, I could easily transfer to my own life. Check it out!


Here's what I noticed that was so important -- in any situation in your life, there is always something to delight in. Health, fitness, workouts, eating, family, relationships, work... doesn't matter what it is. There is something you appreciate or enjoy.

My next post will be the list of things I like about working out. Each night, I'm going to look into the mirror and celebrate the things I love about working out - and we'll see just how much my attitude of gratitude changes my motivation to workout!

I'd love to have you join me -- what would your list be about?


No comments:

Post a Comment