Monday, April 1, 2013

#AtoZchallenge - It All Begins with Attitude

Attitude

There are plenty of pithy catchphrases about the importance of attitude in achieving your goals. But the truth is simple: attitude matters.

With the wrong attitude, reaching fitness goals is impossible. With the right attitude, finding  your way to a slender, healthier, happier you is inevitable. Abs may be made in the kitchen, but dreams begin with the brain. It all starts with what you believe. And it's far too easy to get into a dream-killing attitude.

I'm too busy.
I'm too tired.
Nothing I try ever works.
I've made too many mistakes.

The list goes on and on.


I let myself suffer for years with an attitude of doubt, without even realizing it. My dreams were impossible, because my mindset shut me down. Living a life filled with healthy choices means training your brain to believe you are a healthy person. When you choose to see yourself as a healthy, strong, vibrant person, your brain has no choice but to rewire itself to want exactly those things.

Stop thinking, "I can't."

Stop saying, "Someday."

Stop believing you aren't worth every bit of effort that goes into creating the life of your dreams -- mind, body, and soul.

It doesn't matter what you've been through, how many workouts you've missed, or even what food you've been secretly eating behind closed doors -- not last year, last week, yesterday, or even five minutes ago.

What matters is now. What you choose to believe is true right now is the first step to a healthy lifestyle.

You are a walking miracle, and you deserve every happiness the universe has to offer. Start believing in yourself today. Your future happiness is counting on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment