Friday, April 5, 2013

#AtoZchallenge - Our Great Expectations

Great Expectation or Unrealistic Desire?

Oh man,  if I had to pick the one great saboteur to my own fitness journey, battling it out with my expectations versus logical reality is probably the biggest villian.

I'm not saying I hugely obsess over perfectly completing every workout and dropping two or more pounds a week and suddenly realizing all my clothes are falling off my body, or anything.

I'm just saying.


Life happens. Our bodies are weird and miraculous things that just don't always do what we want them to do. Sometimes it feels like our mind is our own worst enemy. We plan, yet we don't succeed instantly. We all make mistakes. Expecting perfection and immediate results only sets us up for disappointment.

But there are certain things you can, and should expect for yourself: a positive attitude, determination strong enough to reach realistic goals, and consistently moving in the direction that makes your dreams inevitable.

Expect great things, but chill.

Eat well. Sleep lots. Laugh, then laugh some more. Move your body and have fun doing it. Give yourself permission to stumble. This life is meant to be enjoyed, not over-planned. As long as you take action to continually head in the right direction, you will see progress. And that's one great thing worth expecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment