Is Green the Color of Fitness?
Remember when kids used to giggle behind their hands when someone held up a green M&M? No? Is that just me?
How about green being the color of envy? Or Kermit telling us from his lonely swamp that it's not easy being green? Surely those references mean something to you!
Green is a color that really gets around. And here in the Land o' Fitness, we loves us some green, too.
Why, you ask?
- Green tea revs your metabolism!
- Green smoothies pack in a crazy amount of veggies and make a great start to any day.
- You need to eat a wide variety of green leafy veggies every day - think spinach, kale, swiss chard, and even cabbage!
- Beyond the leafy stuff, add some broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus, and artichoke to your diet - so yummy and good for you.
- Avocados! Need I say more?
- Have you ever even tried baked zucchini fries? You guys! You don't know what you're missing.
- Need a sweet treat? Green grapes, granny smith apples, and kiwi to the rescue!
- Grass-fed beef and poultry! It's like green meat, but without any illness involved. But just remember, you want your meat to be eating the veggies, not the grain. Or cement. Or whatever other weird things all those non-grass eatin' animals are digesting!
- Edamame! Okay, okay, I know this one is controversial, but I have a strong love for these little soybean wonders and I think as long as you aren't tossing them back like an extra large bucket of popcorn each day, you're probably fine.
- Working out in the great, GREEN outdoors is so good for you! Whenever possible, take a run outside instead of on the treadmill. Barefoot running is so fabulous it almost makes me enjoy running! Or do your yoga at sunrise outdoors and grab some Vitamin D. (Uhm, unless you live around crazy pollution or some post-apocalyptic funk. In that case, I'd stay inside.)
So there you have it, friends. My Go Green Guide to Fitness! I challenge you to give these a try and see how you feel. Double dog, even.