Tuesday, April 23, 2013

#AtoZchallenge Tell the Truth Tuesday

Tuesday seems as good a day as any to start a new theme. And so huzzah and merriment! I give you:

Tell the Truth Tuesday

Wherein, I prattle on incessantly about what's really going on in my little corner of the fitness world.

Well, 2 out of 3 isn't that bad...
Or, because I get distracted easily, and you want to move on to other things, I choose the top 5 truths that seem most pressing.

Here's what's up today:
  1. I ate chocolate today. Also, a rice krispie treat. I would like to blame the people that locked me in a room all day with a bag full of sugary junk, but the truth is I could have thrown the bag away. But there ya have it folks. Chocolate. And a rice krispie treat! Not my strongest moment. (I'd really like to defend my honor by whining for a few extra paragraphs about what a rough day today was, but let's face it -- the choice was mine, and I chose sticky sugary rice cakes.)
  2. I. did not. work out. today. This bums me out insanely. Sure, I could have done something when I finally got home at 10pm tonight, but I'm dragging big time and just don't have it in me. Perhaps that's because...
  3. On top of the sugar-fest, I did not eat lunch today. Healthy breakfast, one healthy snack, and then there was that locked room and chocolate, and things went downhill from there.
  4. When I have days like this I tend to beat myself up. It takes a monumental amount of self-talk to keep me from derailing completely into the world of negativity. As much as I talk about the importance of keeping your head in the right place, it's not an easy task. I work hard to keep my mind from running away from me, moment by moment.
  5. But the truth is -- we all have bad choices, or bad days, when nothing seems to go right. The important thing is that we shove right on through the bad stuff and keep on running in the right direction.  So that's what I'm doing.
That's why I'll be throwing away the remains of that "goodie" bag when I get to work in the morning. And packing extra snacks to get me through another hectic workday. And lunch. I'm not forgetting to eat lunch tomorrow. It's why I'm doubling up workouts tomorrow -- my normally scheduled Wednesday workout plus a stretching/yoga routine that my body is craving. I can't regain the workout I missed today, but I can take extra time for myself tomorrow that I wasn't able to make happen today.

No matter where you are in your fitness journey -- lost, steadfast and true, or on the stumbly path that I found myself on today -- I really believe success is all in the mind.

I believe I can, so I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment